Monday, December 1, 2008


Hey family and friends. I thought I’d take a moment to give you a quick church planting update. The beginning of our putting down some roots here in Saukville has been kind of like a roller coaster. Bailey and I were able to make it to a Packer game this weekend. That was an experience of a lifetime. There are lots of moments like that, that God has given us that brings great joy. The flipside of the coin is this “Pioneer” church planting as they call it is hard stuff. Pioneer planters move to an unfamiliar area, begin to build relationships, and eventually plant a church there. We are meeting lots of new and nice people which is what we are here for. That’s the great part.

Our first Thanksgiving away from family and friends was really hard. We have great friends here in the McCaskills and the Martells. Bill and Kathy let us do Thanksgiving with their family which was so encouraging and much needed during a time of tough transitions. Still our first Thanksgiving without MeMaw’s dressing at Danell’s Mom’s and not getting to see all the Parker clan we see only twice a year was a little sad. Danell and the girls are troopers but this move has really been tough on them. As most of you who know me well know, I try to stay positive about where we are in life, but I mention all this because we really covet your prayers right now. Just keep praying for encouragement and friendships for Danell and the girls. I need wisdom in knowing what job I should settle into. I have a couple of options now, which is great, but we want to know which is best.

It’s a weird thing. Our lives right now are kind of like they are plugged into an amplifier. The highs are much higher and the lows are much lower. Everything, for lack of a better term, is ….well amplified. Thank you all so much for your prayers, we sense them like never before. Everyday God seems to just pour Himself out in my time spent with Him. For that I’m so thankful. He is faithful and has great plans ahead for us. We are growing with every trial we face. Whatever happens here in Saukville, Wisconsin I’m convinced that God is going to be at work in some real and powerful ways. We sure love you guys. Thanks for your friendship, prayers, and continual encouragement. Our Arkansas friends, new Wisconsin friends, and those of you scattered all over the globe mean so much to us. God bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!!!!!!! I always watch your weather.
I just thought about going to your blog to keep update on all of you.
Love the pictures. Everyone looks happy. Danell looks like she is ready to go back inside by the fire. You are all in my prays each day. I am praying that God will give you the just right job. That God will wrap you in His love and surround you with His joy and peace and contentment as you all do His work together.
Miss you very much, Marcie
PS Vincent said "Go Cheesehead"